Thank you fbcballerina for nominating me for this award. I really appreciate it! Xxx She is a fellow ballet dancer who has started her journey at an unconventional period of her life unlike most dancers who start out young. Similar to me she shares her love of ballet and explores it in her blog and also her instagram. Do go and give her a look.
Update:Also, thank you Shireen for nominating me too! She is also another dance blogger who shares her story about her life long journey in dance especially in her young adult years. Check her out!
What is the mystery Blog Award?
It’s an award dedicated to bloggers out there who are deserving of their undying love and passion for what they blog about. That somehow inspire you and motivate you when you read their blog. A blogger that you think should be awarded because you believe they should be recognized and discovered by more people out there. This is also a way to create a friendly community and build a link between bloggers in the blogosphere. (To view the original post of Okoto Oke Engima please click here!)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 THINGS ABOUT ME:
“Tell me about yourself”-When people ask me this question I try to make it as interesting as possible and not go done the generic route.
- I am drawn to a lot of old things. I Love Classical music, (My favourite Composer is probably Joe Hisaishi, click to listen!) the old architecture and old classic books and tea(herbal tea)! I really love things all things classic. That is also one of the reasons why I love Ballet, hence my pursuit of it.
- I live in Ireland. A small and remote island near Britain. Even though it is a first world country there is a lot of nature around. I was born towards the end of the 90’s so I had a great childhood that consisted of going outside, picking flowers, playing in rivers.
- I have 4 sisters. I am the 4th oldest and also the youngest of the lot because I was born a twin. At the same time I am the oldest out of the twins. 😅 my oldest sister and I am ten years apart. By the time I was in secondary school they pretty much have moved out leaving my twin sister and I at home. So began my life as the oldest sibling in the house. I have the best of both world you could say. 😌
NOW FOR THE NOMINEES!
- Emilee for her awe-inspiring story beautifully written.
- Elena for chasing her dream in ballet and her story behind it.
- Maysa Rose another ballet blog in which she speaks about all types of interesting topics. She also has a way with words.
- Miss AuChatBleu a beautiful blog with a lovely theme with interesting insights into different topics
- Jessica for her bravery to pursue her dreams.
- Alessia for her motivating journey of a dancer who gives amazing tips and tricks of the trade.
- Nicole a beautiful blog
- Sung Eun Rose for her ability to share
- Arissa Ayumi for sharing her story from the other side of the world
- Ella for her insightful and sophisticated posts about ballet
My questions for my nominees:
1.Which childrens book character would you want to be?
I think I would be Sophie from Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynn Jones. Growing up they were my favourite books alongside Narnia and other high fantasy books like Harry Potter. To be able to become old and carry on living is a bravery I really admire in Sophie. (If you don’t know Sophie is turned into an old woman by a mean witch in this story)
2. What was the last thing you went out of your comfort zone for?
I would say ever since I have dropped out of Uni that is my biggest venture out of my comfort zone that lead to a domino of other things I find uncomfortable for me. As a reserved person, talking to people on streets and going to places I haven’t been by myself is probably one of these things.
3.Where do you want to travel to? There are a great deal of places I want to go so I will have to make a list of all these place: (they are in no particular Order)
- Egypt, Sewa, Cairo, Alexandria
- Iceland, Reykjavik
- All Scandinavian Countries (Norway, Denmark, Sweden)
- France, Nice, small french villages, Paris
- Monaco, Monte Carlo
- Spain, Barcelona, Madrid and Andalusia
- Italy, Naples, Florence ( As an art student I would love to see the impressive art they have in person <3), Positano (top place on my bucket list!)
- Greece, Athens, Santorini
- South Africa, Capetown
- Austria, Vienna
- England, London (I’ll be going there this summer! Yay!)
This is my list for the moment!
4.Which adjective dsecribes you the best?
Kind, compassionate, silly and Positive!
5.If you could only do one sport for the rest of your life which one would it be?
I don’t have a sport in mind, but if there was one physical activity that I would keep up it would have got to be ballet. Doing Ballet changes you for the better. I can already see the way it is changing my body. Muscles I haven’t been aware of are activated and it really teaches you patience and discipline. Sometimes when I waiting for the bus I see myself subconsciously standing in third position and it really has made me all the more graceful. I would really recommend it. 😉
Now for the question I have for my nominees. 😉
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- What is your favourite place on earth?
- Why is your passion your passion?
- Where (a place) does your heart draw you to?
- What is the wildest dream you ever dreamed?
Struggles of a teen dancer
why I don’t think it’s too late to start ballet
Hope you liked reading a little about moi! There will be more soon!
à la prochaine!